KuenselOnline

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 - 11:02 PM
yangpheljan3.gif

Fire guts traditional house

ZOOM: + - Reset
fire

The fire that gutted a single storied traditional house above Changjiji housing complex around 3pm yesterday is suspected to have started from a kerosene room heater.

There were 11 people living in the house’s three units. One of the units where a Gomchen (layman) lived was completely damaged while the other two units were partly damaged. The house owner said they lost all their clothing and blankets in a cupboard inside the kitchen to the fire.

The residents moved in with their relatives last evening and they were also provided with blankets and utensils by the Thimphu dzongkhag office. Within an hour, the four fire brigades contained the fire.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.