Thursday , December 14 2017
Home / Topic / Bhutan Telecom’s Data Card Useless

Bhutan Telecom’s Data Card Useless

Home Forums From The Readers Bhutan Telecom’s Data Card Useless

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  samachar_hamroi 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

samachar_hamroi
    Participant

The recent scheme by the Bhutan Telecom (BT) to improve 3G services has penalized some of us (data card users in Thimphu). BT recently changed 3G services frequency from 2100MHz to 850 MHz in Thimphu, due to which the old data card, model-E173, is rendered incapable of availing 3G services. I purchased the card by paying about Nu. 2500. I went to BT to get it fixed, but unfortunately, I lost its cap long time back. They refused to get my data card replaced, though the data card is working properly (except for its missing cap). I feel it is not fair for us to refuse the replacement simply because its cap or other components are missing.

I give the following reasons:

1. When I purchased the data card, Bhutan Telecom did not inform me of the possibility of changing the bandwidth in the future. They should have informed me about the possible replacement in future. If that was done, I would have been extra careful of keeping every parts of the data card intact.

2. The card that I bought just a few months back is now obsolete. Does it mean BT has been supplying its customers some out-of-date equipment? At least, even if BT is not able to fully replace the card, there should some provision for compensation. The management should have foreseen such problem as well, and frame some alternative so that that its customers do not feel fully exploited.

3. This replacement scheme is not requested by the customers; it is BT initiated, and whatever data card’s physical components is missing, but as long as it is working, BT should ensure that its customers are able to avail the service they have paid for, otherwise, simply because I have misplaced its cap that I do not get replacement or cannot avail the 3G internet service is bit disappointing. Had it not been for the change in the bandwidth, I was extremely satisfied with the internet services, and sadly, I can no longer avail the same service. My money has gone into drain! I have been told that several other customers also have the same problem, and there are many of us who feel exploited.

Dorji Olakha

sonamgotex
    Participant

Recently, me and my frens bought around 10 data cards and its not even a month . That time, BT didn’t say anything about the change in the services . Now they are saying that we will have to replace the data cards where in some cases i heard they are charging extra amount. If they knew that there will be changes in services, they could have atleast inform us . Or is it that the change in services was kept confidential even to ones at the customer desk? well god knows whats going on………

jigdra112233
    Participant

BT does many things without considering the need of the customers. WHy not you shift to Tashi Cell? It offers best services than BT. Data card uses and those affected, leave no stone unturned to get the freplacement because even if the cards are spoiled, you should get the replacement because BT had been selling out of date cards, knowlingly.

Cyril22
    Participant

I have no idea about this topic. I will try to get information about it,

metok
    Participant

I agree with both the previous authors. Bhutan Telecom is not good for customers. The internet connection is slow but the price is high. Data card users suffer so much. Now they do not want to replace some old ones. They should replace the old obsolete data card as long as they are working. If they do not so, then this will affect the old users. If they cannot replace for the reason that there is some physical damage, the older users should be given the option to use their cards as in the past.

Selling outdated products? Wow! people there are smart. They should not do like that.

Eternity
    Participant

I have also heard about this……. Its sad to know we are being exploited… 🙁

metok
    Participant

Is there any good news that they are going to give the replacement to everyone? I am severely affected by Bhutan Teecom’s recent move. I can do nothing, except, if I buy a new one, which at my level is too expensive. I request BT to consider this. How frustrating it is that after hard earned money was spent on buying a datacard that now I cannot use it any longer. BT should rethink for the sake of its clients.

Is there any provision on Consumer Protection Act about such exploitation?

snowman
    Participant

TashiCell !! Zindha Bath!!! B-mobile !! Muur dha Bath!!

jigdra112233
    Participant

I HEARD THAT B-MOBILE IS PLANNING TO SELL THE USED DATACARDS IN DISTRICTS. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT PAY MUCH FOR THE USED ITEMS. MALE SURE YOU ARE NOT EXPLOITED AS WELL. BUY ONLY AFTER CONFIRMING THAT THOSE DATACARDS ARE NEW, OTHERWISE , PURCHASE BRAND NEW ONES WITH SAME FREQUENCY FROM INDIA OR THAILAND.

hasty
    Participant

all corruption’ first its the unlimited system later they cancelled and changed their plans into charging extra once a 1000 bugs bill crossed and now simply by making a new model data card and just to earn extra money they have designed a new upgraded data card which is faster they said but somehow this is something undigestable why do they keep on changing plans ??? sounds very crazy in one year if they make such changes then what will be their consequences later??/ I hope our new government does not copy such pros and cons of b’mobile, it’s like the pedistrians day”

Eternity
    Participant

BMOBILE WANTS US TO BEAR HALF OF THE PRICE I.E NU.1250 AND THEN THEY ARE GOING TO SELL THE USED DATA CARDS TO THE PEOPLE IN OTHER DISTRICTS……

HMMMMMMM………………. I WONDER HOW MUCH THE PPL WILL BE CHARGED AT THE INITIAL STAGE AND THEN LATER BE ASKED TO CHANGE THE DATA CARD…. AGAIN……. HOW MUCH WILL BE CHARGED AS PART PAYMENT… ????????????

truthseeker
    Participant

It awesome that New Datacard’s download speed is way too better then what it used to be but I surely would like to point out about the Uploading Speek. The Maximum Upload speed I came across was to 10 kbps. So, BT Management Team should also see into this matter while focusing on the above matter.

Regards

choki123
    Participant

Is anything being done by Bhutan Telecome with data card issue raised in this forum? I need to change my card as well.

khenporin
    Participant

Bhutan Telecom is functioning as a purely government organization. They are least concerned about the customer. Either the staff are not oriented towards better service & behaviour towards customer OR the organization’s policy itself is flawed. Everywhere there is a problem. I too purchased a data card before a month and is not working now. The staff at the rural areas are very arrogant. Do something to improve or the business will be taken over by competitor.

choki123
    Participant

Still, BT datacard is slow. In south Thimphu, it is damn slow. Can BT justify its upgradation of service or was it simply making fool of clients. On the other hand, they should give us steps to change the way we can switch our Iphone to 3G instead of us having to go to their unfriendly office.

dorjidorji
    Participant

Dear Ipone user,

Please subscriber your phone number to 3G services, call 1600 for subscription.Once your are subscribed put ON/OFF the Airplane Mode or restart your phone.

All the best.

Intern analyst
    Participant

i am dam frustrated by telecom regarding the data card ,we buy from same company and when it come to exchange ,old data card has to pay 50 % and wheres other one in free of exchange ,really its not fair and its not our fault.They have to be study carefully before they sold those useless data card. Its really disgusting by looking at their services and strategies of marketing…..more over even new 3G data card useless ,slow slow slow speed……..

xoxo
    Participant

Bhutanese are an unhappy lot..this is ironic given global recognition of our country as the land of Happiness! We dont’ have an iota of good things to say about our Government, Legislature, Judiciary and host of other agencies. We are never satisfied with any kind of services provided either by the government or by corporations, irrespective of whether those services are provided free of cost, charged minimally or whatever the cost may be. I guess this complaining nature runs in our DNA! In the final analysis, Bhutanese are the most effective Complaint Box in the whole of this world.

samachar_hamroi
    Participant

I moved to Bajo, Wangduephodrang. I was expecting my data card would work properly here. BT told me datacard will work in all 20 district headquarters. But, last two days, I have not been able to even log into my mail account, though the connection is alright. The statistics of the Huwie Mobile Partner (software of datacard) says I have downloaded 25MB, which means BT will charge me for this. What a sad thing this datacard that BT has launched is! My humble rquest to BT-please do something. I also warn the prospective customers in the districts not to buy used datacard that BT plan to sell in Dzongkhags because these equipments are too slow. Demand for a new model datacard or just be satisfied having nothing instead of buying something that cannot be used.

I did not expect BT, which claims it has its social mandate to cheat its customers like this. We talk about right of the customers but in reality, even the big corporate body cheats the customers. Those working in BT should be held accountable by all the customers.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.