KuenselOnline

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 - 6:22 PM
yangpheljan3.gif

Home Forums From The Readers Constellations and Astronomy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mara 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mara
    Participant

I am a student from America studying in Bhutan for the next three weeks. I am doing research on traditional constellations and stories about the stars in Bhutan. Does anyone have any stories about stars or know any traditional constellations? Thank you!

shree
    Participant

HI Mara your subject seems interesting. You may like to begin by studying Hindu mythology and the Buddhist scriptures. the mythology related to the constellations(star patterns) is nothing but a medium to pass great knowledge to the masses. the star patterns act as reference for studying astronomical phenomenon. Astrology is higher form of statistical studies related to these star patterns. It is easier to understand the immediate universe by considering earth as the center of a celestial sphere. Any way! all the best and i would be interested in learning more from you… if that should be no issue. Kadrin chey and Tashi Delek!

dorji005
    Participant

if i am not mistaken, you may contact school of astronomy in pangrizampa, thimphu
    good luck

Mara
    Participant

Thanks that’s very helpful! Do you know any of the stories or mythology relating to the constellations? I would be interested in meeting to talk more if you’d be willing. I’ll be traveling through most of the country in the next three weeks, staying at universities.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.