Saturday , December 16 2017
Home / Topic / DEAR LYNPO, PEDAGOGY FOR ME AS I AM STUPID LEARNER

DEAR LYNPO, PEDAGOGY FOR ME AS I AM STUPID LEARNER

Home Forums From The Readers DEAR LYNPO, PEDAGOGY FOR ME AS I AM STUPID LEARNER

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Uzorong youngba 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Uzorong youngba
    Participant

PLEASE USE THE PEDAGOGY FOR THOSE OF WHO CANNOT LEARN WELL.

The education has to be real and meaningful and must serve the common purpose. It is only when the educational process functions on the basis of critical radical pedagogy. Socrates’ critical inquiry; Freirean’s praxis; Plato’s evil genius of invention and tyranny of transcendent equates to the post humanistic pedagogy of complexities. And to the Bhutanese teachers, the recent fashionable fever of transformative pedagogy (Keggan, 2002) which has the inheritance of model of teaching from Ralph Tyler, the model NIE’s in Bhutan which is used unsparingly (Tyler, 1949). The governance of the conformist teaching in the NIE, Samtse and TTC, Paro happened only in the teaching colleges and the graduation was “moment of liberation” from the practices of the pedagogy. Many teachers, upon the degree fall back, lead to teaching the subject and not the children.

The underpinning effect was innately designed by the school examination system where there is so much the learning depended on the pursuing information and data, rampant in the developing countries effected by the colonial powers. Solverson (1995) states: “The Life of Father William Mackey in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan”, as the school principal encountering with the teachers covering the syllabus and the children not learning anything. The initiative of MOE is much on the pedagogy and the curriculum is welcome. But the raging symptoms of many schools in Bhutan, covering 85% of the board examination syllabus before the half yearly break needs an intervention form the Education Monitoring Division. And there are some schools where the students do not have to study the required class XI syllabus, instead, prepare for the board examinations a year before. Descriptively, it is so much of abstract ideas in the Bhutanese children concrete head. Reflecting of what (Robinson, 2015) stated of the unrealistic learning based on the TEST, TEST, TEST& TEST had lead many children the victims of deadly disease called suicide. The IQ which is testing the learning is conspiracy of William Stern and if the learning of the students can be with the time.
    Next, the Keggan’s pedagogy is not panacea and has to be mindful as a professional teacher. The recent transformative pedagogy is “a torn jean fashion in the educational market.” The currency of this transformative pedagogy sounded more “ice cream” and we are mesmerized and enchanted more than the “teaching degree, the actual subsistence”. Keggan’s contribution is just one attritibutes of the strategies and we are in fact a professional teacher founded on the strategies build by the teaching degrees in the college. Just retrospection what Keggan states (2002 p. 1):
    Understand how to implement cooperative learning in the classroom in ways that meet adolescent needs and make learning effective.
    The question of what educators teach is inseparable from what it means to invest in public life and to locate oneself in public discourse (Brown, 2012 pp. 1, as cited by Giroux, XXVI). The curriculum determines the nation’s sovereignty and it should be a curriculum of the context and of the time. Bhutan as the nation stands on the happiness and has to be a happy curriculum where the future Bhutanese makes meaning of the curriculum. In this, the education of the Bhutanese should not be schooling but the education.

References:

Brown, S.G. 2012. The radical pedagogies of Socrates and Freire. New York : Routledge , 2012.
    Keggan, S. 2002. Cooperative leatning. s.l. : ESL Magazine, 2002.
    Robinson, Ken. 2015. Creative school. London : Penguin Random house, 2015.
    Solverson, H. 1995. The Jesuit and the Dragon: The Life of Father William Mackey in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan. 1995.
    Tyler, R. 1949. The history of the concept of constructive alignment. 1949.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.