KuenselOnline

Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014 - 2:34 AM
Yangphel Housing Banner.gif

Home Forums From The Readers Postal Ballot Concerns

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BhutanTalk 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

BhutanTalk
    Participant

Dear All,

I registered myself for Postal Ballot by emailing to postalvote2013@gmail.com attaching all the necessary documents, the concerned officer promptly replied to my email saying i have been registered. I checked on the Bhutan Postal Voter Search System via the ECB website and i made it to the list. The first task was over and i was informed to keep myself updated via the website and announcements.

Now that the dates for NC elections are out, I have to hand in my Postal Ballot application to the returning officer.

“The application can be hand delivered, sent by post or scanned and emailed to the Returning Officers but faxed copies shall not be entertained”
    (Source:http://www.electionbhutan.org.bt/2013/Noti/10032013_NCelectionsNotifEng.pdf)
    I was a little confused yesterday on where to send (scan and email) my application and i left an email to postalvote2013@gmail.com

The concerned officer has been kind enough to email me back asking me to find the information of the concerned returning officer for my constituency. He had mentioned me to look up newspapers or find it online.

Before i received the email which is stated above, i had sent my postal ballot application to postalvote2013@gmail.com as i was confused where to send my scanned application.

Am i suppose to email it to postalvote2013@gmail.com who would then forward it to the returning officer? or am i suppose to hunt down the returning officer myself and then send it to him? These questions linger.

I googled to see if i could find the list of the returning officers online but no luck. I checked the website of ECB for availability of the list, i could not spot the list. I haven’t subscribed to Kuensel PDF thus i do not have a copy of the newspaper and i have no access to printed kuensel as i am out of the country.

A huge amount of money is being spent on Postal Ballot to hold a healthy election and we look forward to being a part of the elections. To this i would like to make a note that small communication gaps as such, can trigger a confusion among voters outside the country. Confusion is evident as few of my friends actually took the effort to write mails in between ourselves to clarify what next? What should we do and where do we write and who do we get in touch with?

A simple PDF link on the concerned agency website of the returning officers with their contact addresses would make it very simple.

Making a work flow (Step-by-step) guide for postal voters as to the procedures by ECB would make it a lot more articulate and easier for postal voters and encourage people to make their voices be heard.

Maybe i missed out on information which is already put forward by the agencies which expresses the concerns i have put forward. I would appreciate if anyone who is aware of the procedures ot the list would comment here and assist the needy and if it has not been put forward, simplifying the process by giving directions would make things much more efficient and clearer.

Much appreciation for extending postal ballot service to broader horizons.

Concerned Bhutanese.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.