KuenselOnline

Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 - 9:46 AM
Yangphel Housing Banner.gif

Home Forums From The Readers Postal vote registration

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CivilSer 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Laso Laso
    Participant

The time frame kept for postal vote registration with ECB was too short.

CivilSer
    Participant

Yes u r absolutely correct. In the first place it has been announced through the Kuensel or BBS whereby it is not accessible from other countries. I even couldn’t find this announcement being uploaded in the ECB website……Why not ECB come up with online registration system like that of other agencies…..wat the people working in the IT section of the ECB doing….uh….i cannot just think about that yaar. It is for sure that we will not be allowed to vote for the 2013 election unless we come there personally because we have not registered for the postal ballot but we would like to request ECB to facilitate online registration system by 2018 so that every bhutanese cizitens living or studying outside Bhutan can also vote in 2013. Just for information…i would like to say that we have seen the announcement through the Facebook but it was late. Please take this as a suggestion..not as a complain la.

Jomo_lhari_potola
    Participant

Dear Laso Laso and CivilSer,

I would like to clarify that ECB is still accepting the Postal Voter Registration tough date line is up. Upon our discussion, they informed that keeping dateline was to make public aware on the importance of timely submission as we often missed due to our habit of approaching at eleventh hour.

Therefore, I suggest you to kindly approach ECB immediately and submit so that you can take part in the upcoming elections.

I feel ECB is doing their best to encourage more voter turnout this time as well.

LET US COME FORE WARD AND MAKE OUR VOICE BE HEARD.

CivilSer
    Participant

Thank you Jomo_lhari_potala……i shall get my registration done then……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.