KuenselOnline

Friday, July 25th, 2014 - 2:23 PM
yangpheljan3.gif

Home Forums From The Readers RCSC’s Shortlisting Criteria

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  citizen 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

citizen
    Participant

This is with regard to one of the criteria that RCSC uses to short list candidates for any scholarships. For Class XII weightage, it is always taken as (Eng+ Best 4 Subjects) instead of (Eng + Best 3 Subjects). The criteria, Eng + best 4 subjects is taken to determine the weightage of class X since there are many subjects. But for class XII, most students study only 5 subjects in total. For instance, say a Bio-Science student; his mandatory subjects are; (1) Eng, (2) Dzo, (3) Bio, (4) Chem, (5) Phy and likewise a Pure student would study only 5 subjects in total taking maths in lieu of Biology. The same is with Arts and Commerce students. So in this case, what is the point of taking English + best 4 subjects? It doesn’t make sense, does it?

I am wondering if RCSC has ever looked into this matter because it really makes a big difference and it’s not fair at times. ~thank you..!

snowman
    Participant

It makes sense to those who have performed well in every subject but… guess, you have done good in three subjects.. is it??

any ways.. good suggestion

citizen
    Participant

In that case, why state the criteria as Eng + Best 4 subjects… just take the aggregate of all the subjects, be it five or six subjects. That’s the common criteria used earlier for any selection….

Any way, my guess is that you are one of the members there at the commission who have done extremely well in all the subjects…..and never wanted to take in any suggestion… so great of you! i appreciate that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.