KuenselOnline

Saturday, November 1st, 2014 - 9:52 AM
Yangphel Housing Banner.gif

Home Forums From The Readers Semso Rulings in Armed Forces

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tsaja 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Royal Bhutan Army
    Participant

I just need to clarify on the Semso Rulings being framed by the constituted board of officers of the three Armed Forces a year back which is currently on implementation. It is very alarming to note that this board of officers has NOT framed the Rulings for the benefit of the troops. Since it is a personal contribution being made from every troop of the three Armed Forces based on the ceilings in practice on expiry of the soldier/soldier’s wife/soldier’s father and mother, I think there is no such requirement of Rulings in depth. From my point of view I would like to convey that there is need of instantaneous amendment of the Rulings. Everyone is very aware that a minimum of Nu. 450-500 and highest of Nu. 1500-2000 is deducted from the monthly salary of the troops based on causes of death, personnel proceeding on pension on kidu/medical ground and pension on attaining the superannuation service year limit. So the deductions made from individuals monthly salary will definitely accumulate to 1,00,000/- when he proceeds on superannuation. So none of the board of officers has utilized their brain to frame the Rulings bearing on mind the above cited points. As per their Rulings:

 Individual terminated on compulsory ground will NOT be entitled to Semso Lamchu if he has not claimed the Semso during his active service also.
     Individual proceeding on kidu/medical ground will NOT be entitled to Semso Lamchu if has not completed 15 years of reckonable service during the time of leaving the service. The individual is entitled to claim only one Semso Lamchu if he has not claimed both the Semso during his active service.
    This has lowered the morale of the troops completely and I feel there is a need to amend the above two Rulings as under:

Individual proceeding on compulsory retirement should be entitled to both the Semso Lamchu if he has not claimed during his active service but on the condition that he should have completed atleast 10 years of service.

Individual proceeding on pension on medical/kidu ground should be entitled to both the Semso Lamchu if he has not claimed during his active service. There is no need of any service condition because the individual is proceeding on pension based on the unforeseen problems being faced by him.

Hence, I would like to mention that the Rulings framed by board of officers is totally unfair. So my dear readers please help me in publishing these points on my behalf in the daily issue of Kuensel News Paper which I will be highly gratified for. This will benefit all the troops of the three Armed Forces.

tsaja
    Participant

Yes I support your view. It should be reviewed to benefit the personnel of armed forces.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.