KuenselOnline

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 - 8:43 PM
yangpheljan3.gif

Home Forums From The Readers why the Vehicle is banned

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dorji005 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

concern
    Participant

its a very personal sort of a thought and some might perceive this as a very selfish thought, but like me there are others I am sure who are affected by the government’s decision to put a ban on the import of foreign vehicles. I have work so hard and saved this long in a foreign country to buy a good decent car for myself in Bhutan but now I cant achieve my dream because of this one decision of the government of the day. So now I have decided that the party that has a manifesto to lift the ban will get my vote.

XXX
    Participant

BANNING. HOW MANY BANS ??? CAN’T WE FIND OTHER REMEDIES THAN APPLYING DIRECT BAN BAN BAN.

1. TOBACCO BAN
    2, ALCOHOL BAN
    3. MEAT BAN.
    4. PLASTIC BAN.
    5. VEHICLE MOVEMENT BAN (PADS DAY)
    6. HOUSING LOAN BAN
    7. VEHICLE LOAN BAN.
    8. LABOR IMPORT BAN.
    9. VEGETABLE IMPORT BAN.

truthseeker
    Participant

I am surely looking forward to hear Natural Resources to be BANNED from being used, like Oxygen & Water.

Ap Gasep
    Participant

Soon there will be a big BAN on TOURISM. Ban tourism and the country will fall

concern
    Participant

Now it seems national council is calling the shorts giving an ultimatum to both RMA and Finance ministry. It further went on to bring the cabinet secretariat to be held responsible perse the government dissolves. Was the Natinonal council sleeping all these while or playing a music which we all heard? It’s very late you are roaring now. Sending out alarming messages that the rupee situation will continue for another five years is no solution to anything that is a solution. The contract bill having alot of loop holes and poorly drafted, it’s not even customized to the situation in Bhutan, the council was in hush to endorse new laws. What ever may be there is an old saying “power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely” needs a slight adaption in this context “All power corrupts- and the fear of losing power corrupts absolutely with the election nearing” in simple word it’s too late to bark national council.

Narcissus
    Participant

You should have kept your self updated with the news. It is something to do with Rupee crisis and along with they also tried to fix some environmental issues in it which is insane.Currently our country is going through some rough patches financially.But it is soon going to be back in square one, if not we shouldn’t mute ourselves.

dorji005
    Participant

and i will support party who has manifesto which says “every civil servant will get one foreign vehicle quota and after that quota celling applies” what do you say la, every civil servant from certain level was entitled for this until such BAN was imposed by present government-may be in the name of environment but may also have some hidden agenda who knows……yes i agree with all the policy on banning things but also one should take responsibilities to show some alternatives, if it is not, than i would say it is a democratically-dictatorship…..than rather i would long for our wisdom kings to rule this country as before. with this political things coming in..i found people in villages are divided too, because of this, people were not talking to each other and emotional distress-i hope it might have regained by now and thanks to short sightedness of bhutanese people…i am saying this because bhutanese people react quite strongly to the situation and next day they forget which indicate that we are not prepared for anything.

this is my truely personal feeling…..

truthseeker
    Participant

Narcissus, So sorry but I would not agree to you on this. I would not say that Rupee flew out of Bhutan because of vehicle imports. The main reason was because of the Ongoing Hydro Power Projects, which threw most of the Rupees from Bhutan to India for import of machines and all. I would say these projects are rather insane and unplanned, yet approved because the people behind this found a bigger pipes to flow money on personal interest.

Our current Projects are meant to be completed sometimes in 2020 or 2030, and assumed that shall be exported to India, but did the people behind the plan, even think, within these spans of time, India will come up with Nuclear Energy? I am 77% sure India will come up with one and then the vision of exporting Electricity will be in a pit.

I can see the unseen with the scenario of BPC being the Least Earning Organisation from Most income Generator in country during that time.

On account of Rupees being flushed out by vehicle import, why ban on foreign vehicle. Those are paid in Dollars & to envirnment they are even better produced to be environmental friendly.

My dear friends, its nothing to Rupee or Environmental cause for banned the vehicle import but its simply the fruit suffered by the public for harworkless plan of Plan Maker. All Bullshits.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.