Saturday , August 19 2017
safola

Latest News

Reliable hydromet data becomes crucial

Bhutan among the most disaster prone country in the region

Disaster: Floods, cyclones and storms claimed more lives in Bhutan than earthquake accounting for about 95 percent of the 304 deaths related to natural disasters in 17 years (from 1994-2011). The remaining 5 percent were from earthquakes, a World Bank report points out.

Read More »

Mongar DT rejects decision on central school

Resolves that Gyalpoishing HSS should be upgraded into a college

Education: Mongar Dzongkhag Tshogdu (DT) in its ninth session on August 31 resolved that Gyalpoishing Higher Secondary School (HSS) would be upgraded into a college and not turned into a central school as the education ministry has decided.

Read More »

Landowners unhappy with compensation

Land: Unhappy with the monetary compensation they received, about 46 landowners in Tobesa gewog, Punakha who lost land to the Semtokha-Wangdue highway-widening project have requested the gewog to revisit the issue.

Read More »

PF for drayang employees

Labour officials warn others to start the mandatory scheme

Benefit: The labour and human resources ministry has called on drayang owners to start provident fund (PF) schemes for their employees, as part of enforcement of the Labour Act 2007.

Read More »

Rumour mill makes mega farm butchery

Project: The quiet village of Samrang has lately been waking up to dust and groans of heavy machines. Forests are being cleared and grounds levelled for the mega farm on some 800-acre land in the village. At least 20 massive ponds have been dug where farm will be.

Read More »