Friday , December 15 2017
Home / News / Two die in Motithang fire incident

Two die in Motithang fire incident

A 29 year old female and her two years 10 months old daughter died from excessive inhalation of smoke in a fire incident at the attic of a four storied concrete building in Motithang on November 24 night.

A resident reported the fire to police around 10pm. The husband and their son were reported to be out of home when the incident took place. When the fire broke out, the husband is said to have entered the house to help.

The firefighting team, officials said, immediately rescued the couple and the daughter and rushed them to the hospital. Although, they hadn’t suffered burns, the mother and the daughter died after an hour at the hospital.

The fire, which is suspected to have started from a candle, razed the master bedroom and the living room.

Another family of three who also live in another flat in the attic managed to escape the fire.

Phurpa Lhamo

Check Also

Self-breast examination techniques were also taught during the two-day campaign

Awareness campaign held on cervical and breast cancer in T/gang

It was a cold winter morning in 2013 when doctors at the Mongar regional referral ...

Leave a Reply